ISO 12812-2:2017 describes and specifies a framework for the management of the security of MFS. It includes
- a generic model for the design of the security policy,
- a minimum set of security requirements,
- recommended cryptographic protocols and mechanisms for mobile device authentication, financial message secure exchange and external authentication, including the following:
- point-to-point aspects to consider for MFS;
- end-to-end aspects to consider;
- security certification aspects;
- generation of mobile digital signatures;
- interoperability issues for the secure certification of MFS,
- recommendations for the protection of sensitive data,
- guidelines for the implementation of national laws and regulations (e.g. anti-money laundering and combating the funding of terrorism (AML/CFT), and
- security management considerations.
In order to avoid the duplication of standardization work already performed by other organizations, this document will reference other International Standards as required. In this respect, users of this document are directed to materials developed and published by ISO/TC 68/SC 2 and ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-03
Edition: 1Number of pages: 56
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 68/SC 9 Information exchange for financial services
- ICS :
- 03.060 Finances. Banking. Monetary systems. Insurance
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.