ISO/TS 13399-72:2016 defines the necessary text elements of a drawing frame and determines a standardized data exchange format. Therefore, the effort is reduced for the maintenance of documentation because the content of a drawing header is mated into a specific drawing frame by means of using XML technology and an individual mapping table. The benefit of this concept for manufacturer/supplier and end user is the advantage of a central maintenance of the appropriate templates.
It covers the following:
- identification and definition of the data fields;
- identification and definition of the structure of the data fields;
- structure of the data exchange file.
The standardization of drawing formats, e.g. drawing frame, structure of the bill of material, are outside the scope of ISO/TS 13399-72:2016 which is rather more intended to standardize the data exchange of the product documentations.
The following are outside the scope of ISO/TS 13399-72:2016;
- layer settings as defined in ISO/TS 13399‑70;
- structure of the tool documentation as defined in ISO/TS 13399‑71;
- applications where these standard data may be stored or referenced;
- concept of the classification of cutting tool data and their properties;
- concept of the design of 2D drawings for cutting tools;
- concept of the design of 3D models for cutting tools;
- application data for the use of those cutting tools;
- information about the reconditioning of cutting tools;
- information about additional application and usage data (e.g. coolant supply).
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 21
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 29 Small tools
Buy this standard
|std 1 124||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 124||Paper|